First, select a real estate school in your local area that not only provides you with the necessary knowledge to pass the Georgia real estate license exam, but also provides a
"cram course" prior to your test as a quick review. A local Coldwell Banker manager will assist you with getting started, or visit
. You may also contact the "Coldwell Banker School of Real Estate" for further
information 404.705.1764 or www.ColdwellBankerSchoolofre.com
If you have any questions about whether real estate sales would be a good career choice for you, speak with a Coldwell Banker branch manager prior to selecting a real estate school. This
will help you understand what it takes to succeed in real estate sales.
You can also inquire about joining Coldwell Banker, upon receipt of your license, by setting up a confidential interview with a Coldwell Banker branch manager. This offers a great business
advantage, knowing that once you receive your license, you can begin work the next day with a proven leader in the Atlanta market.
In Georgia, in order to obtain a real estate sales license, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have high school diploma or GED
- Complete and PASS with at least 75%, a 75-hour pre-license course
- Take and PASS the state licensing examination with at least a score of 75%
- Obtain a criminal history report not more than 60 days prior to application to activate license
- Complete the GREC (Georgia Real Estate Commission) application for licensure
- Obtain a "Sponsoring Broker form" signed by an authorized broker/managing broker or broker/owner and present at the time of licensing
- Pay a licensing fee to activate license
We ask that, once you are ready to activate your real estate license, you contact a local Coldwell Banker branch manger to learn about the advantages of building a career with Coldwell Banker.
In Georgia, in order to become a broker, a sales agent must have been actively licensed for three years. The applicant must also:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have held an active Real Estate Sales Person license for at least three years. (A sales associate may take the 60-hours of education after two years of active licensure. This allows them to activate their broker/associate broker license on the third-year anniversary if they wish. This can be accomplished because a sales associate has 12 months to actually activate a broker's license from the date of their exam.)
- Complete and PASS with a score of at least 75%, a 60-hour approved course or present proof of equivalent education (example: GRI designation)
- Be of good moral character
- Pass the state licensing exam with at least 75%
- Pay the licensing fee
Yes, which means you have the opportunity to earn unlimited income. This also means that the company you choose to work with will be of great importance. Coldwell Banker provides
you with a comprehensive training program for jump-starting your career, beginning day one. As an example, Coldwell Banker University training is available to all agents who affiliate with Coldwell Banker
There are costs that you will incur to begin a career in real estate which will vary, depending on your location. Besides the expense for obtaining your real estate license,
there will be other nominal start-up and association costs. In order to obtain an estimate of these costs, contact a local Coldwell Banker branch manager. ColdwellBankerAtlanta
Ask questions that are in line with your goals, expectations and concerns. Questions you could ask might include, "Are you a non-competing manager?" In other words, does he or she
only manage, or do they also sell â€” sometimes in competition with you! "What are the specifics of the training program, and upon completion, what ongoing training can I expect?" "What are the company technology
initiatives?" "How will you teach me to do business on purpose?"
At Coldwell Banker, we offer our sales associates continuing education, presented at our state-of-the-art training center/computer lab and online via WebEx. To be successful in
real estate, it is imperative that sales associates stay abreast of market conditions and trends. An exciting and challenging aspect of a real estate career is the desire to consistently meet and exceed
your customersâ€™ expectations, and this includes being a well-informed agent.
A career in real estate can be incredibly rewarding. The opportunity to build your own business and have unlimited earning potential is a strong incentive for motivated self-starter
individuals. If you possess a high level of integrity, are motivated to succeed and have a desire to be of service to others, a career in real estate may be just what youâ€™re looking for to secure your future.
As part of NRT LLC, the worldâ€™s largest owned real estate brokerage company, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage provides training, tools, systems, coaching and support that
are unparalleled in the real estate industry. Find out why we have been the #1 residential real estate brokerage in Atlanta for the past 16 years. Contact a local Coldwell Banker office
and schedule an interview with the manager, or plan to attend an informational meeting. Visit ColdwellBankerAtlanta.com
to learn more.
You won't be disappointed!